Friday, October 15, 2010

Let’s relax in MISASA,Tottori

Misasa is noted for hot spring town.

And you can relax with beautiful scenery of the country as well.

If you are mentally and physically exhausted, you should enjoy time for yourself in Misasa.

First, I visited Misasa shrine.  
It is not big shrine but you will feel relaxed when you see many big trees that have been with Misasa for long time.

*You are available to find a Misasa map from the Misasa tourist information.



























Follow the main street of Misasa, you will come to the signs.









































Walk more, you will see the gateway at the entrance to Misasa shrine.





In a shrine there is some place (手水:Temizu) that you rinse your mouth and wash hands before you enter the shrine.
It is for preparing when you make a wish in holy of holies.



Misasa is hot spring, Temizu is also hot-spring water. :)
Warm water is flowing softly
In cold weather, you can rest in here.

And there is the way how to use Temizu in a picture.
I have been many Shrine in Japan but I have never seen these pictures.
Very kind~




There is an order of Temizu.
First, wash the right hand then the left.
And then, scoop up water with your left hand, rinse your mouth.




There is the way how to respect. :)


This is Omikuzi. You can read your fortune.
Choose one Omikuzi for 100yen.



Just put 200yen with good conscience then you are available to write your wish.



I hope your wish comes true.



People are tied to a tree if you had a bad() fortune told.

Turn right at Misasa shrine, then you can find a public bath ‘Kabuyu’ (hot spring) and have a drink of mineral waters.









































Mineral waters flew out from between the big tree.








































Although it was quite hot weather but I gulped it.
I felt it seems much healthier.










































I rest in front of Kabuyu and then come down into the main street.
You will find a foot bath in front of traditional hotel, ‘Hanayabekkan’.
It is free.




Towels are provided for you.
I visited this foot bath first time, it was great.
You can enjoy foot bath with soft ice cream or beer.



You order ice cream or beer in Hanayabekkan then just wait for it with enjoy foot bath.
Hotel staff will serve it for you.

I ordered milk soft ice cream.
Ice cream has a smooth, riche taste.


The sun set already.

I walked all day and was tired out.
I was a little hungry so I had to eat something.

I went to a restaurant ‘五代目’.
You will find it in front of Misasa information.

 

The menu is quite extensive.
Udon, Yaki-soba, Sushi, Ramen, Okonomiyaki etc.



The inside of this restaurant is like Japanese bar, Izakaya.
This restaurant opens at 18p.m.
It was some time after 18p.m., the restaurant was quite.






I know Sushi is not cheap at like these restaurant but I really wanted to eat Sushi.
I ordered Sushi and Negi-maguromaki.



The lights of street went on as darkness gathered.



The street of Misasa is very beautiful at night.




















































I had great time with Japanese traditional scenery and could relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment